Thursday, March 11, 2010

Basketball will put your eye out!

Something to blog about before the scrapbooking day. I nearly lost an eye last night at basketball!

I was going for a loose ball against a competitor and somehow i'm pretty sure his entire hand went into my right eye socket. I was completely frantic and panicking! It was easily the most painful thing I have ever experienced. (Somehow I keep topping my last painful thing lately!) I thought that I was going to black out. My teammates said I was asking them over and over if, "my eye was in my eye" Haha that's funny. My contact lens was folded into 4 and lodged underneath my eylid waaaaay in the back which I was begging for someone to dig out. After I removed it and my teammates helped me to the washroom to rinse the grime out of my eye and got some ice I started to feel a lot less like I was going to pass out. It must have been the whole disgusting hand in the eye thing. My mates were awesome, making sure I was ok, and staying with me in shifts until the game was over. Which after not leading the whole game since by 2 points in the first half, we tied! They had some good players on their team but we came through in the final minutes. (No credit to me who spent the rest of the game rinsing my eye)

Zac and Evan got me back to Okotoks safely and it was already looking better as I was icing it the whole time. After they left and I was getting ready for bed I noticed my tears were bloody. That was scary so even though I only had one truly functioning eye I went to the ER to have it looked at. You don't want to mess around with your eyes! She did a full exam but was inconclusive on where the blood was coming from which was a bit more scary so this morning I got an urgent appointment with the Rockeyview Opthamologist. He was very good and made sure everything was ok. Because i'm so nearsighted my biggest concern right now is retinal detachment so he gave me some things to watch out for over the next couple of days. Overall I have a bruised eyeball (who'd have known eyeballs bruise) and the muscles are inflammed right now too. Pretty sore. In real life, I don't think that it looks all that shabby. I took a couple of photos of the bloody eyeball....gross I know, but it's my blog and i'll post what I want!



My eye looks lazy....but i'm told that will go away. Thank God for that. I remedied my sorrow by shopping at Winners! Yay shopping! (don't worry i'm going to get my eyebrows waxed next week....I know that they're hideous.)

2 comments:

  1. That is disgusting! LOL. I had a similar thing happen in highschool but it was the tear duct side of my eye. Half of my eye was red for over a week. It was scary. Love you! Hope you eye gets better and that you can eat steak soon! Speaking of steak Tyler and I went to The Keg last weekend...so good! :)
    ~G~

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewwwwwww! Only you would post photos of your bloody eye! I can't believe you didn't make reference to the virigin mary statue...you know that was my favorite eye joke of yours!

    After seeing you today though, your eye is barely noticable at all, hopefully it finishes healing quickly and you feel 100% very soon!

    Thanks for the packing break today - had a great time "Matt & Nat" scouting with you at winners ;-)

    -Jules

    ReplyDelete