Thursday, February 18, 2010

Braces Eve

So tonight is the last night for the next 2 years (or less I hope) that i'll be able to run my tongue smoothly over my teeth. Tomorrow morning at 9am i'm getting braces. I'm 24 this is scary.

When I decided to get them (sometime in January) February 19th seemed like the farthest day away. And here it is, only one sleep away! I've been researching like crazy about braces. Everything from how they put them on, how they take them off, what I can't eat, what I can and what is considered a "braces emergency". I hope to not have any of those.

When my friends and coworkers found out I was getting braces the first thing that they said was, "Your teeth aren't that bad!" Uh, yes, they are. I have spent the last 24 years of my life figuring out how to talk, eat, and take photos in such a way that people would think exactly that. But in reality my teeth are so out of place. I have an incredibly narrow smile which I will chalk up to genes because my Dad has the exact same smile.

Tomorrow everything will change, tomorrow is the first day towards super straight megawatt smile! I'm very excited!

The braces i'm getting are clear and are going to look like the ones below except they tell me i'll have a clear wire instead. They are called in-ovation C self ligating. Very cutting edge!


Can't wait to have a perfect smile! I'll try and post updates along the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment